The Pearl Hood and Stanley Wood School of Dancing - The Studios.
The following addresses were advertised as "studios" over the years; however as some of these were private addresses (or a sweet shop) it is likely hired hallls were used.
If you have any information about any of the locations used please email me using the link at the top of this page.
Use links at left for more details
- 1930 - 1933 - Sidcup (exact address unknown)
- 1933 - 1934 - 26 North Street, Worthing (Berry's sweet shop, & home of Pearl's grandfather Richard John Berry, and her aunt Florence Frances Jessie Berry)
- 1934 - 19xx - 13 Upper High Street, Worthing (the home of Pearl's mother Ethel Daisy Hood)
- 19xx - 1953 - 135a Park Road, Worthing (the first proper studio, acquired early 1940s - exact date unknown)
- 1953 - 1973 - 51 Downview Road, Worthing
- 1973 - 1979 - 22 Upton Road, Worthing (Stan's & Pearl's private house)
© 2014 Keith Wood